- Most merchandise may be returned for refund within 30 days if saleable, unused, in the original packaging, and accompanied by a sales receipt. If you do not have your receipt, and your purchase can be verified, store credit will be issued. A 15% restocking fee is charged on returned sewing machines.
- Defective merchandise may be exchanged for the same item, or a reasonable replacement if the original item is no longer available.
- Where refunds are issued, the type of refund will be determined by the type of payment used for the original transaction.
- Unless there is a manufacturing defect, fabric is not returnable. Variations in color, or splotches of color, are not considered defects where batik fabric is concerned.
- To protect author copyrights, patterns and books are not returnable.
- If you must withdraw from a class, you are entitled to a store credit if you have notified us at least seven days before the class.
- If someone on the waiting list can fill your place, you will receive store credit for the fee, even if you have not notified us by the deadline.
- If we cancel a class, you are entitled to a refund by the type of payment used for the original transaction.
- If you must cancel a rental reservation, you are entitled to a store credit if you notify us at least 48 hours in advance of your reservation.
- Cancellations made less than 48 hours before the reserved time are subject to a 50% cancellation fee.
- If the shop is closed due to inclement weather or other unanticipated event, your rental time will, at your request, be rescheduled or refunded by the type of payment used for the original transaction.